Monday, November 28, 2005

Thankful-icious

I didn't do a Thanksgiving post on Thanksgiving because I wasn't feeling particularly thankful. Call it an energetic and exhausting toddler, an argument over discipline with my partner...or just plain PMS. Thanksgiving wasn't the best day for me. Now that I'm feeling better, here's what I'm thankful for (in no particular order):

1. an energetic and exhausting toddler
2. a wonderful partner who cares about parenting as much as I do
3. a pre-teen step son who loves his little sister
4. friends from Chicago who make me laugh my ass off
5. lavender martinis
6. beer. any beer (especially after my 30 day cleanse - so much for being cleansed)
7. RENT, the movie (I know the reviews were not-so-good, but I loved it)
8. my parents who seem to love me more every day
9. good health
10. the Colorado climate and 300 days of sunshine every year
11. the holiday season
12. good music
13. good friends
14. good food
15. the chance to make my life better every day. I know I make mistakes and I love that I have a partner who allows me to do it better next time...and to make decisions every day that make us good parents, good partners, good people.

3 comments:

Blogzie said...

Honey, it's all good.

It just is.

x0x0

Pat said...

the chance to make my life better every day. I know I make mistakes and I love that I have a partner who allows me to do it better next time...and to make decisions every day that make us good parents, good partners, good people.

Amen, sistah!

author said...

I love it when people are real
about their relationships.

I believe this is a gift that
reading the blogs of favorite
people brings to us.

The ability to see the love,
watch the strife and how they
work through it.

I adore my spouse, but our life together isn't always perfectly
serene. It would be a lie to
portray us in any other way.
Thanks for being willing to do
the same.

I adore reading you.
annie/trudy