Monday, December 05, 2005

Hurricane Colorado

One thing I didn't know when I moved here is that it gets windy...damn windy. And wind freaks me out. I'm from Indiana and when things get crazy, I head for the basement (tornado country was good training grounds). This morning we have what has been termed "hurricane force winds" in the foothills. What?

I couldn't figure out how to get Ellie from the car to the building so I threw my coat over her head, tucked her under my arm and ran like crazy for the front door. I had ice pounded into the back of my head - that's how windy it was. What kind of weather is this?

I'm definitely ordering something to be delivered at lunch.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Y'all get the entire gamut of season there. You'll get a blizzard, blanketing the entire region with massive amounts of snow, then within days or just a few weeks, you'll be running around in short sleeves or a windbreaker.

My daughter, SIL and grandson live in Pueblo but used to live in Castle Rock. My ex and his wife live there in Littleton where you are. My daughter, having come from Western NY, finds the weather there MUCH more desireable, since there's three times as much sun as what we see here. But she gets freaked by the sudden extremes, too.

Hunker down, stay warm, snuggle.

:-p

Unknown said...

OMG what part of IN are you from? My partner and I lived there (she was originally from there and I had moved there and lived with her for 3 years)..she is from NW Indiana near Merrillville..a little town called Lowell. Do you know it?

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »