Thursday, January 12, 2006

I must be a terrible singer

My mom used to sing to me and I LOVED it. In fact, I thought she had the most beautiful, angelic voice...as an adult, I understand that I was just a mama's girl. My mom could have sung horrendous words completely off-key and I still would have loved it. Not so with Ellie.

This morning she was a crank-monster (I hate waking her up to take her to school and this was one of those mornings). To ease her into the wake up process, I started to sing quietly. I'm not a wonderful singer but I can carry a tune...really. As soon as I started singing, she started yelling "NO, NO, NO!" I thought maybe she just didn't want me to wake her up, so as I changed her diaper, I started singing gently again. Her reaction? "NO, NO, NO!" Maybe it was the diaper. As I'm buckling her into the car seat, I start singing. "NO, NO, NO!" I guess I won't be trying out for American Idol anytime soon.

1 comment:

Clandestine said...

haha! that's great!