Friday, January 12, 2007

Copying Schloobie - 1st Concert

I saw the Cars when I was 16. I had no idea what to expect and my friend, "But," (Julie Butler - may she rest in peace) and I went to see our second favorite band on a cold, cold Indiana night. First choice would have been U2 but that was near impossible back in the day. When Ric Ocasek started the show with "Hello," I thought I might faint. I can still picture my seat in Market Square Arena (may IT rest in peace).

My interest in concerts has kind of fizzled in past years and I decided not long ago that it had better be a damn good artist for me to pay big money and fight big crowds to see. I must be getting old because I'd rather see a Broadway show, but I'm somewhat embarassed to admit that I'd still pay big money to see Michael Jackson and Britney Spears (shhhhh, don't tell anyone). Others on the list of I'd-really-like-to-see? Pink, Elton John, Susan Tedeschi and Madonna. I know, a bit of a difference in music there, but I love them all so much.

Oh yeah, I would have added Cyndi Lauper to the must-see list but she gave us the cold shoulder in Seattle after we'd spent a week with her on a cruise ship. Bummer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I only saw U2 in those days by total luck and speed dialing ability. :) And my friend Tree actually saw the Red Rocks show, if you can believe it....