Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Grandma's Gone...But Still Here

Grandma Brown died late Saturday night. I arrived in Indianapolis just in time to see her before she closed her eyes for the last time. It was worth every penny and every amount of effort to be with her for those few minutes to say good-bye.

Grandma loved us all as unconditionally as anyone I've ever known. She weathered our storms and still made us cookies and gave hugs whenever we needed either. Her spirit will continue to live and keep our extended family connected. God bless Grandma.

2 comments:

Clandestine said...

xoxoxox

Unknown said...

I am really sorry to hear that, but I am glad you made it there to see her. I flew to see my Oma for a birthday surprise that turned out to be 2 weeks before she died. Words can't express how glad I was that I scraped up the money to go back then.