Friday, December 09, 2005

Tryin' to be like Clandy

TEN random things you might not know about me

1. I hate being cold.
2. I could watch TV nonstop for 24 hours (or more)
3. Tootsie Rolls are one of my favorite foods
4. I almost never go barefoot (I love socks)
5. I read Sports Illustrated, cover to cover
6. I love airports
7. I published a chapter in a college communications textbook
8. I played the cello for nine years
9. I know all of the states in alphabetical order
10. I fantasize about riding a train cross country (in a sleeper car, of course)

NINE places I’ve visited

· Vegas, Vegas, Vegas, Baby (I love Vegas)
· Tucson, Arizona - Go 'Cats
· New York City! LOVE IT
· Florida - mostly the middle of the state, but all over (wish I were there now)
· Boston, Mass (02134)
· Nashville, Tennessee (Grand Ole Opry, believe it or not)
· Dallas, TX
· Albuquerque, NM (at Christmas - best time to go)
· Chicago (love my Chi-town)

EIGHT ways to win my heart

Scratch my back
Have a beer with me
Give me a massage
Bring me a treat
Mail me something - anything
Buy me a magazine
Buy me a book
Take me out to dinner
(these are all typical, boring answers - sorry)

SEVEN things I want to do before I die

Ride a train (in sleeper car) across the US
Go to Europe
Stand on a stage on Broadway and just peek out of the curtain
Write something important
Take my daughter to Disneyworld
Climb a mountain
Have all my friends in one place

SIX things I’m afraid of

Anything bad happening to my children
SNAKES - shudder, shudder
Heights (but I'm getting better)
Not being able to sleep
That I don't make all the right "mom" decisions
Drowning (even thought I'm a really good swimmer)

FIVE things I don't like

cilantro
screaming music
people who are arrogant
unloading the dishwasher
folding the laundry

FOUR ways to turn me off

only talk about yourself
show up late
look at me like I'm crazy
suggest that I'm chubby (that would be my dad)

THREE Things I do everyday

kiss my girls
talk to my mama
read before falling asleep

TWO things that make me happy

why only two???
my little fam fam
being at home

ONE thing on my mind right now

my little sick boo boo baby girl

3 comments:

Clandestine said...

"9.I know all of the states in alphabetical order" - Do you know that song, then?!

"10. I fantasize about riding a train cross country (in a sleeper car, of course)" - ME TOO!!!!

"Mail me something - anything" - all my subtle pleas for pen pals are going unnoticed, I fear...

And nobody kicks me in the shins or pulls my hair, but if someone did, it would definitely turn me off! :)

Clandestine said...

I think it's sort of funny to have a conversation that goes between two blogs...then other people have to go back and forth if they want to know what we're talking about (since it's so thrilling)...it makes it more interesting.

And wouldn't it turn you off if someone kicked you in the shins??

Clandestine said...

It really hurts to get kicked in the shins! Nice people don't do that, I don't think.

Anyway

I would love to go home, but everything is now coated in many inches of snow with a nice coating of ice on top. On the traffic website it says my usual 35 minute drive is going to take 150 minutes. So I think I'll start doing some shopping online soon!