Monday, January 30, 2006

it's my birthday

I'm trying to muster up some excitement about my birthday, but honestly, it ain't no big thing.

I'm 38 today. There are days when I feel so goofy I'd guess I'm 25...and there are days when I feel so tired that you'd think I was 50. Most of the time I'm very happy where I am...I embrace the coming years and look forward to them, even. I never really thought I'd feel that way. I had that "grass is greener" attitude for a long time. I don't know if it's medication or wisdom, but I'm not looking for something better anymore. What I have is pretty damn great.

So happy birthday to me on this not-so-exciting day.

5 comments:

Pat said...

HEY! What's wrong with 50!?!?!

Besdies the fact that I'm tired, menopause hormones raging, fat and struggling to lose even one pound, have fallen arches, arthritis in my hands, have grandchildren and swallow a fistful of pills every morning, a half-fistful at noon, and another half-fistful at bedtime!!

Happy birthday! It's not so bad where you are. When you get to where I am, only one word of advice.

Drink.

:-D

Unknown said...

Damn, you old. Just kidding. I gave props to ya on my blog. Happy birthday kiddo.

Clandestine said...

OF COURSE it's exciting!!!

Happy Birthday!!

xoxox

Blogzie said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you!

You look marvelous darling and you are still just a baby.

x0x0x

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! fiat 126p bis Chanel replica handbag Enormous heavy huge hooters boobs movies Ink for sharp fax ux-105 Debit card warning