Tuesday, January 17, 2006

maybe I'll become a pro

For my birthday, Courtney bought me a snowboarding lesson. We went up Saturday with friends and I took a lesson while Court went skiing with our friends (who snowboard). I was very nervous. I'm not crazy about skiing because I did it for the first time at age 30 and it never made sense to me. For someone who is normally very coordinated, skiing made me feel like an idiot. So I've always wanted to try snowboarding, but I was nervous.

I fell and fell and fell. And laughed and laughed and laughed at the sheer joy of snowboarding. This must be what it feels like to try crack: do it once and you're hooked. Because I'm hooked. I suck at it, but I can't wait to go again. What a wonderful birthday present - to spend the day doing something new in the amazing beauty that is high altitude Colorado.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You and Dooce are on a roll!