Wednesday, January 18, 2006

things i hate

Today I'm a little cranky (call it a terrible headache last night and a toddler hollering for me at the butt crack of dawn), so I'm posting something cranky.

Things I hate:

putting away folded laundry;
when i notice that there's no tp in the bathroom only after i've tinkled;
people who don't share;
cilantro;
having to wake Ellie up to take her to school;
when Matthew sings really loud with his iPod (all we hear is his off-key singing);
watching the same movie more than once (unless it's Monster's Inc. or anything with Pee Wee Hermann);
waking up and realizing that no one made coffee;
putting away dishes (from the dishwasher);
feeling like i'm in trouble for something;
not having time to read.

This list was hard to make. I guess there aren't many things I hate.

3 comments:

Pat said...

It would seem that we hate some of the same things.

I hate putting away laundry, too. But the part of laundry that I hate the most is pairing socks. Between my partner and I, a load of white clothes can generate 30-40 pairs of socks that need their partners found. Uh-uh, not me.

As far as the TP? That's probably the only thing I've ever really yelled at my son about. It's gotten to where, if I come out of the bathroom and say "Joe..." he finishes the sentence with "...if you use the last of the toilet paper, GET SOME MORE OUT OF THE CLOSET!"

Putting away dishes is another task that I absolutely hate. I'll wash dishes every day! I'll load the sucker, but it's someone else's job to empty it.

I also hate phony people. The kind that pretend to be something they're not.

I hate people that define their relationship by their sexual activities, and don't mind sharing said activities publicly.

I hate having all that ice melter stuck to my shoes when I walk into the house, or work, or anywhere.

I hate finding out the hard way that I don't have any windshield washer fluid during the winter after a truck has just passed me on the expressway and splattered yuck all over my windshield.

I hate liver and asparagus, too.

Whoo. I feel better now, having gotten all that off my chest! :-D

Unknown said...

You have totally inspired my next post. And I knew you were going to list cilantro. :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »